DOIMUKH, 3 AUG : In a fire incident at Doimukh, Huto Village near Saturday market place, an SP Type house was completely laid to ashes today. The inferno took place at around 12:30 pm, the cause of the fire was suspected to be short-circuit but the investigation is still ongoing. Informed Doimukh SDPO Bomken Basar.
A call from Doimukh Police Station regarding the said inferno was received at the Naharlagun Fire Station at 12:30 pm, but due to heavy traffic congestion and poor road conditions the fire brigade got to the spot by 1 pm. By then, the fire had already engulfed the building. Informed Naharlagun Fire station officer Tame Budh
The SP-Type building belonged to one Pawan Dhan whose all belongings were gutted in the fire mishap. Two LPG cylinders reportedly exploded which caused further damage to the building, no loss of life and injury has been reported in the incident but the loss to property was immense as per the house owner.
A royal bike has also been burned and completely damaged in the incident. SDPO Basar added.